Decorating the walls with wallpaper and patterns can be a different way of giving a personal touch to your home. Doing it correctly is the key to success in the result. We give you six tips so that nothing can go wrong when upholstering your walls.
HOW TO PAPER OR FABRIC WALLS
– Choose the fabric or paper well: Choose models that can be easily assembled. Small prints are sometimes very complicated to mount, it is easy for them to not match and the result will not be as expected.
– If you choose fabric, stiffen it. Before mounting it on the wall, it is necessary to harden the fabric. This way it will be much easier for you to install. Use fabric hardening products or make them yourself. One of the simplest homemade recipes is the mixture of vinyl glue, powdered chalk and water.
– Measure and cut the bands. It will be easier for you to carry out the upholstery if you previously measure the wall and cut the fabric or paper to the same height. Remember that you must add a few more centimeters to the pieces you cut. It is preferable that on a little cloth or paper.
– Place it on the wall: First you must impregnate the wall with wallpaper glue. Place the strip of fabric or paper on top and flatten from the center to the edges, removing any air bubbles. There are adhesive papers that avoid the step of putting the glue on the wall. Assemble one by one, trying to match the designs perfectly.
– Last shots. Helping you with a cutter and once the fabric is completely dry or the adhered paper, carefully cut the excess. Your environment will be like new.
Changing the personality of a room is as easy as renewing the look of the walls and the options offered by wallpapers or patterned fabrics are multiple. Study well the color and the motifs that best combine with your furniture and create a harmony like this. House Doctor Proposal.
Change of look on your walls
Giving a different touch to your walls has never been so easy and fun. Upholstering a wall with fabric or wallpaper not only helps you change the color range, but also favors the creation of textures that add personality to any room. In the image, Littlephant fabric rolls.
Surf all year
In very light tones and with a mix of beach & surf motifs, to evoke from the walls the best moments of summer throughout the year. Palm trees, birds and optimistic and cheerful phrases in English exude good vibes and a lot of charm. Surf wallpaper, from the Room Seven Field of Flowers collection, by the firm Coordonné. www.coordonne.es
Letters on the walls
This wallpaper printed with the names of emblematic cities and neighborhoods will create a perfect urban atmosphere for industrial-style environments or diaphanous lofts in the purest New York style. Its design has so much personality that its presence is enough to give character to a corner with a minimalist decoration. If the room is small, wallpaper only one wall, since the gray background and the proliferation of letters could overload the space.
Manhattan model paper, from the Life collection, by the firm Caselio (€36.55/roll). http://www.caselio.fr/en
The most used when decorating a home are wallpapers. They are beautiful, colorful, create shapes and textures on the walls and you can highlight an important environment or area of the house with them.
Another virtue they have is that you can change and install them easily.
The zoo in the walls
Wild and exotic animals give color, movement and life to this wall. How many rhinos will he be able to count? This paper is as fun to decorate as others, but instead of using glue to apply it, it is applied directly to the wall because it has adhesive on the back. Your advantage: the installation process is easy and clean. But in addition, it is repositionable, you can remove it and put it back as many times as you want, without damaging the walls. A Thousand Animals paper, a design by Javirroyo for the firm Chispum. chispum.com
A pattern that transmits serenity. In the image, wallpaper model Caselio, by Leroy Merlin.
Ideal for spring or summer, it fills the room with flowers. Leroy Merlin flower wallpaper.
A very animal paper
Butterflies, little birds… Animals also come out on top when it comes to decorating the walls. Birds model wallpaper, by Leroy Merlin.
A feminine touch
To create coquettish environments with a feminine plus, choose floral details and colors from the range of pink or mauve. Leroy Merlin flower wallpaper.