In the month of February, the festival of love begins to arrive little by little in the form of romantic decoration in the city, shop windows and many crafts for Valentine’s Day. Often seen as a business ally, Valentine actually has a long history. It first appeared in the fourth century in Anglo-Saxon countries, and was a pagan custom.
At first, the tradition was for young people to participate in a kind of “love lottery” to find a spouse. Today, many people celebrate this holiday in very different ways.
If you want to avoid unnecessary expenses, or if you think, like us, that one of the best ways to transmit our love is through crafts, here you will find some beautiful, simple and cheap ideas for decoration or gifts.
Rugs for a table
If you plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home, a classic is to offer dinner, tea or chocolate to the person or people who represent something important in your life. You have infinite possibilities in the decoration of the table. In this case, for example, the table is decorated simply but very pretty, jovial and showy. And in addition, this type of decoration is one of the cheapest and easiest crafts for Valentine’s Day.
Repeat the procedure with napkins of various colors and sizes, varying the position of the cutouts to achieve different shapes.
Heart shaped lamp
Valentine’s Day is one of those times when you want to do something that identifies you with the time, a similar situation that happens with other festivities such as Christmas or Halloween.
- First you will need to cut out a 32 cm circle. in diameter on white cardboard.
- Draw with pencil, a large heart (similar to the photo), with a very smooth line. On it, mark squares every 1 cm, which will be the places where the light bulb supports will be. Cut out the squares with a cutter.
- Carefully separate the lights from their supports, so as to place all the plastic bases of the luminaire against the cardboard and then put the lights back on, so that they are separated from the cardboard, since even though They don’t get very hot, you have to be careful.
- Finally, cut four rectangles of foam, long and wide enough so that they are not seen by those who look directly at the heart, but at the same time they give the necessary separation from the wall. In any case, we recommend adding an extension and that the electrical connection has more separation and is not in the very center of the cardboard.
And finally it will be soon to be lit and enjoyed.
Branches and hearts
This Valentine’s Day when you want to add an original touch to the decoration, and surprise your partner or your friends, this is a special idea that will make everyone admire your decoration. A very nice and very economical idea.
Heart-shaped lantern for candles
If you are looking for decoration ideas for Valentine’s Day, keep in mind that candles are always a simple, cheap and very beautiful solution. Cozy and romantic, these luminaires are perfect for dressing up your home on Valentine’s Day.
A romantic candlelight shines from inside the heart-shaped tissue paper windows. With these lights, you can decorate your living room or dining table to enjoy a meal or evening on this romantic day.
- red cardboard
- white tissue paper
- red thread for embroidery
- a candle
Easy crafts for Valentine’s Day to give away
A gift made by you will be much more valued than a purchased gift, even if it is something very simple and simple. That is why crafts for Valentine’s Day are so popular, because ultimately, something made with your own hands transmits more love than a purchased gift. You have endless options and possibilities. We show you some that can inspire your creativity.
The gift can be decorated with a ribbon, which has a lock and a key, and if they are vintage, the better. Whoever you give it to will understand that you are handing over the key to your heart.
Valentine’s Day is very close and if you are looking for what to give to your loved ones, here you will find some easy and cheap ideas.
This day is a special day for everyone. It is a day to celebrate love. A day to be thankful that we can experience such a wonderful emotion. Therefore, why not dress up the party house to celebrate it, with a garland of hearts!