Split air conditioners provide more than cold air. They offer smart functions to adjust the temperature and consume less energy.
It depends on the air conditioning that in the hot months in hot areas you can be well and comfortable, or not, at home. But in addition, it is a key facility to improve the quality of life indoors. If the temperature reached in the house is high, it must be combated, as is done with low temperatures. Among the options to cool/air-condition a home, the demand for split-type air conditioning is growing due to its easy installation, which hardly requires works, since it is made up of an outdoor unit or compressor and an indoor unit, connected by a refrigerant tube. It is called multi-split when there are two or more indoor units. But this system also has other advantages: most of the devices incorporate Inverter technology, to consume less energy, and the most advanced ones are efficient and have functions that greatly reduce energy consumption.
– Turbo. With this function the environment reaches the desired temperature very quickly. The appliance will resume normal operation about 30 minutes later.
– Sleep function. Avoid excessive cooling during night rest. The temperature is gradually and automatically adjusted to keep the user comfortable while sleeping and save energy.
– Presence sensor. When it detects the absence of people, the energy saving function is activated.
– Purifying filters: with a multi-stage air purification system, a purer and healthier environment is achieved by eliminating practically all elements that are harmful to humans, such as viruses, bacteria, fungi and allergens.
– Silent mode. The most advanced have a low noise level; In addition, they incorporate this option to reduce the sound level of the outdoor unit by up to 3 dB.
– Other functions: automatic adjustment of the air flow and orientation of the slats, depending on the temperature variation; self-cleaning, which cleans the filters, and self-diagnosis, in case something goes wrong, the device shows the error to the user so that the solution is easier and faster.
The surface, the orientation, the insulation of the house and the climatic zone where it is located are key factors to know what power the air conditioning equipment should have. Just as important as calculating power is getting the location of the device right and installing it correctly; That is why it is recommended that it only be carried out by professionals. Reform, Alejandra Pombo.
Split with remote
The usual thing is to always use the same buttons on the controller, but doing so does not take full advantage of the split since functions and features of the equipment are no longer used. For example, those of the Fujitsu firm, in the image, have the Economy function, which allows the air conditioning operation to be adjusted to 70% without reducing the ambient temperature too much and thus achieving greater energy savings. From the basic Mode button, the user can activate the AUTO-Automatic, COOL-refrigeration and HEAT-heating modes, but there are two more, which are often not taken into account: the DRY-Dehumidification and FAN-Ventilation modes.
How to save on consumption
– In the summer months the optimal indoor temperature is 25-26ºC. Each degree below represents between 6-8% more energy consumption.
– The splits have a Turbo function (the name varies according to the manufacturer) that is used to quickly cool a room. If instead of using this function, you choose to set the thermostat to a lower temperature than desired, electricity consumption skyrockets. Architect, Ana Hernández Alesanco.
Slide range, lt model, from FUJITSU. With Inverter technology, A+++ energy label and low noise level of 21dBA. Among its advanced functions, the Human Sensor or motion detector stands out, thanks to which the equipment is activated or deactivated depending on the presence or absence of people in the room, to promote energy savings. More functions: dehumidification, time programming, automatic Sleep disconnection… A plus of this split with heat pump: its ultra-compact design
and avant-garde with satin finish.
Keep the house cool
The best way to save on air conditioning is to keep your home protected from outside heat with good insulation. In this way, the saving in heating in winter is also notable. Visit the Isover website, a leading company in insulation solutions, to discover all the advantages of insulating a home, such as thermal and acoustic comfort and energy savings. www.isover.es/reforms
Split with heat pump
etherea series, from PANASONIC. With a heat pump, Inverter technology and A++ energy classification for hot and cold air, it incorporates the Econavi sensor system, which detects sunlight and human activity, and achieves additional savings of up to 38% on cooling. The system, which is activated and deactivated at your convenience, modifies its behavior automatically, without affecting comfort. It also has the Nanoe-G system, which purifies 99% of bacteria, viruses and mold from the environment, but also those present on the surface of the furniture. It can be controlled from Smarthpone, tablet and computer.
LM slide series, FROM FUJITSU. Compact design, only 20.3 cm deep, Inverter technology and A++ energy efficiency, it is available in 4 powers, between 1,720 and 3,440 kcal/h. One of its features stands out: the Powerful function or operation at maximum power, which allows the equipment to work for 20 minutes in conditions of maximum air flow and maximum speed of the compressor to achieve comfort in the room in the shortest possible time. In addition, it has automatic weekly programming, an ion filter that neutralizes bad odors, an antibacterial filter, a low noise level of just 21 dBA and the removable front of its indoor unit is easy to wash. It is a split with a heat pump, which supplies cold or heat, as appropriate. For more information, www.enjoyfujitsu.com.
Split with wifi
SAMSUNG H-series. Heat pump with Inverter technology and energy classification A++
in hot and cold air, its triangular design allows for a wider air intake, a larger fan and optimization of the air outlet angle for better distribution. It has Smart Wi-Fi technology to control the climate control via Wi-Fi inside and outside the home. also incorporates
the Easy Filter filter, to clean the air, which retains and eliminates suspended particles, and the Virus Doctor technology, to purify the environment, which actively neutralizes and eliminates contaminants in the space.
Split with ionizer
Artcool Crystal Mirror model, from LG. It is a split with a heat pump that has energy efficiency A++ in cooling and A+ in heating. With Inverter technology -without sudden stops or starts- it stands out for its low noise level (19 dB). It incorporates the Plasmaster ionizer, to eliminate dust and bad odours, and a multi-protection filter that eliminates germs by 99% and viruses and allergens from the air by 95%.