Wall paper can give glamor and instant warmth to any part of our home or office, and although previous years a timid use of them was observed, there is a clear tendency to increase their use in 2022. More wallpapered walls they are emerging in homes and have spread rapidly in recent times.
For this year, professionals recommend giving free rein to creativity and imagination and giving a dramatic twist to the decoration of our spaces. Wallpaper is a decorative element that has been used for many years. Just as new trends are observed in fashion, the same thing happens in wall designs.
Wall wallpaper with flowers
Floral patterns have been flourishing everywhere and will continue well into the year 2022. Starting with large-scale flowers, old-school inspired vintage still lifes and botanicals, which can be used in a variety of interior styles, from classic to contemporary.
This type of design brings order to our houses with simple and clean patterns. To achieve a good impact, it is recommended to apply them in small spaces such as hallways and bathrooms. Or to create sophistication in areas such as bedrooms. Or for an interesting touch, they can be applied to ceilings. Undoubtedly, these types of prints offer great versatility and elegance.
This type of design creates a luxurious feel with sensual texture. Think accent walls, hallways or a rich library with this type of wallpaper.
There are endless roles available for the smallest members of the family. From boats, balloons and animals, all created to encourage children to dream of an imaginary world with all its possibilities.
Advances in digital printing have made it possible to create life-size art of 19th-century pastoral scenes. More artists are realizing that they can bring their large-scale works to wallpaper, and it’s one of the ways to bring the old world art to modern life.
Imitation of natural materials
From planked walls, cinder block or wood paneling, it’s an easy way to “fool the eye.” Whether it’s an accent wall or wallpapering an entire room, the desired material is added without the cost of actual installation.
Large scenes of cities, vacation destinations, or the ruins of Pompeii, among others, can be found on wallpaper.
The trend to blur the line between outside and inside continues. Wallcoverings continue to bring the outdoors in, and regardless of your location, you can live with plants year-round.
How to wallpaper
One of the techniques in decorating spaces that is currently having the most success is the implementation of wallpaper, since they are very practical to be placed and look very good.
The most important and first thing that is recommended to do is to define well the style that you want to give to your space, and see that the design you choose adapts well to the furniture that you plan to have there.
There are many designs, and the possible combinations never end. You can wallpaper all the walls with the same wallpaper, or combine walls 2 by 2 with different designs, such as 2 plain and 2 with patterns, or simply choose a very striking wallpaper and give effect to a single wall.
- The first thing you have to do is get a metal spatula and remove any debris on the wall that hinders the procedure.
- As when you are going to paint, the next step is to clean the wall. To do this, you can pass a broom with a cloth, or you can rub with water with a product that is not very aggressive, for example, with ammonia. The day you clean the area you can take the day off, since you have to wait for the wall to dry.
- The second essential step is to sand the wall, in this way we will prevent the paper from adhering well, especially in areas such as the corners.
- Having the area prepared, you can now unroll the paper, preferably in a large room, and remove any wrinkles or folds, and now starting from the measurements, cut the plates. One trick is to cut a few centimeters more, to work with more slack.
- To apply it, draw a straight line on the wall and begin to fix it with the indicated glue, brushing it to make it smooth.