Working from home can be a double-edged sword. It sounds wonderful: at home, working in your pajamas, taking breaks whenever you feel like it. But in reality, it often turns into a situation where you find yourself working longer hours than in a real office.
There you are, laptop in hand, covered in Doritos dust, and enjoying the luxury of working on the couch, when you realize you need a proper workspace.
If you are one of those people who work at home or you simply have a spare room and you don’t know what to do with it, it’s time for you to set up a good office. We will give you some tips on how to decorate and order an office.
General tips for decorating an office
To have a good home office you must take into account several things that cannot be missing and others to take into account. For example, what colors do I use? Should I put a television? What should I put in front of the desk? There are many doubts that assail us but if you continue reading this post, you will solve some of them.
- When setting up an office, the best color to do it is gray. In addition to being a very elegant color, according to feng shui it is the color of intelligence.
- You must bear in mind that you will spend many hours sitting in the chair you choose, so do not skimp on this expense and try to make it as comfortable as possible.
- You should not put televisions or any device that can distract you while you are working since in a normal office you would not have it either.
- Keep in mind that your desk needs to be free of distractions, so the desk needs to be free of papers or books.
- It is important to have a storage place for pens, important papers or books that you need. A shelf, drawers, boxes, cabinets, it all depends on the space you have and the money you want to spend.
Modern and elegant offices
If you have enough design, modern desks, often modular, can be the solution. They can be adapted to the dimensions of the room and get the most out of it. We show you some images.
Decorate cheap and beautiful offices
Every day more people work from home, whether they do virtual work or take work after a day to finish it at home. The advantage of the internet allows you to send and receive everything you need, so that working at home is not only comfortable but also very practical. But not everyone takes advantage of decorating a home office, a space specially reserved for their tasks. With a little space you can have a nice space to work, study, or just check bills and correspondence. With little money and a lot of ingenuity, you can also achieve a nice and comfortable workspace. We show you some examples.
With desks or tables
The art of recycling is wonderful. With little money, you can buy used tables or desks and transform them into a beautiful office.
Here are some great examples showing great ways to integrate home and work in a beautiful and functional way. Not everyone wants to mix work and everyday life (some separation is fine). If you are working from home or starting a home business, it is good to have a clearly defined space, where you can put everything you use in that work. Sometimes some tables can achieve an excellent, comfortable and functional desk.
Tables and trestles
Boards embedded in the wall
Colors for the office
Color helps generate emotions, inspires and encourages people. This is very important when working. The right color can give you what you are looking for in an office. Be it joy, inspiration or concentration. You must look for the color that you like the most and generate your indicated space. To help you, here are examples.
As we told you at the beginning of this article, the gray color, according to Feng Shui, is the color of intelligence, so it is a perfect color for an office.