Curtains are one of those traditional pieces in home decoration, which give us the opportunity to be creative and original. We will show you some models of curtains that are easy to achieve and cheap, and also very cheap, that can provide functionality and beauty to windows, fulfilling their function of giving us privacy or letting in natural light.
Most of us opt for traditional ideas, we do not risk trying and innovating, but then you will see that going a little out of the ordinary and already seen a thousand times, you can find very original and decorative variants.
We leave you here some ideas to make curtains, which do not necessarily have to be extravagant, so today we will focus on simple ideas that can be easily done, even by inexperienced hands.
Using the placemats is a good option, you just have to hem the top part and sew it so that you can pass the rod to slide the curtain.
With cloth napkins
If you have to sew a few napkins to get to the right size, you will be surprised how original they are.
In some places you can mark up to what height you want the light to reach, and above that limit place some vinyl with an interesting design.
Both scarves and old pashminas can be gathered in the form of triangles, underneath, place a transparent soft-colored fabric and hang as a border wherever you like.
Stencil painted fabrics
For the most modern, perhaps a plain fabric and give it its own style with a stencil of your liking, it can be a very good idea.
Curtains at the bottom of the windows
When you want light to pass through, but at the same time you need privacy, you can opt for this specific option of low curtains.
Suddenly you already have a curtain, but why not give it some good finishes like the ones in the photo to give it a splendid touch.
Models of curtains of various colors and patterns
1) If you like color, why not use several colors, for example in part 1 of this image we see drapes of three colors.
3) Here we also see two layers of curtains, and both are opaque, but of a different color and pattern. The combination of vertical white and blue stripes with the coral curtain below is very striking.
5) If you want to keep your privacy safe but don’t want to deprive yourself of natural light, then this idea of placing panels at the bottom of the windows is excellent.
7) Pom-poms or other types of embellishments can be placed on the curtain trim to add interest to the curtain.
9) Multicolored strips can be an interesting window treatment.
Easy step by step handmade curtain
Crafts are something fun, many times as in this case, cheap, they have the affection that they were made by oneself and even, sometimes they are better than if we had bought the same item in a store.
If you are one of the people who prefer crafts, we invite you to go through this tutorial, about how to make simple curtains.
- Pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
- A thin wooden stick
- Wood stapler
1- Measure the size of the window, in order to know how much fabric we should use. The thin wooden rod that we will use must be as long as the width of the window.